11.21.2005


(photo taken from my living room just tonight. can you see chu-chu (pig-pig)?)

dearest angeline,

hello ma cherie, how are you?? i miss you tonnes.
it's been a long time since i last wrote to you. i don't remember if i have updated you enough with my news, but you know i was so excited after getting the message from you in friendster! you have invited me to malaysia for Christmas! you've been inviting me to stay with you for Christmas every year since i started medical school back in 1999. it's such a wonderful feeling to have such a 'tradition' and friendship from you :) i'm sorry i didn't get it sorted out well enough for last few years, and this year, i'm a newbie junior in a new department and it's not up to me to get those precious christmas days off when only 4 doctors are allowed to...

but i promise i'll start planning next Christmas when my exams are all settled. will you still be inviting me? you know i've been planning it since i came back in hk in 1999 (that's the year when you came to visit (me or mariah carey i wonder?), remember?

2 days ago, i had a hotpot dinner at ceci's new place. do you remember her? she was also an ursuline girl, a year below letty and marilyn and ada, same year as jessica and melanie. seeing the ursuline girls gave me such good memories, you must remember many of them! you know, cecilia's getting married soon (next month), so is regina (also next month). letty chu is getting married to her senior (also a dentist) next june also, and marilyn's going out with a rather hunky bloke, i say... it's funny... they all start introducing me to their other halves as 'dr. chan'... and then they come asking for some medical questions, haha... i'd rather they continue to call me their little girl from the old days. i was always the baby... i asked if they still remembered you, and they DO! they remember you as the cute and sweet girl. umm.... only i remembered you as quite a cheeky one, haha...

cecilia and rita (remember!?) went back to visit the ursuline's in july this year, and i saw their photos. Sr. Theresa looks much older, but i'm glad to know she's up and about! i've really been missing her, she was really an angel from heaven don't you think? she was the most angelic sister i have ever met in this world... if so then Sr. Catherine must have been the most cunning one :) then there was a photo of the little path from St. Angela's to the chapel. oh! it so belonged to us... (the other girls didn't feel as attached to the little path as i was!)

um, i wonder how hanat is doing, and where she is. london? cambridge? i set my imaginations in the dark nights that she's still as bubbly as i've always known her... deep in my heart i hope we will meet again and chat like we did when we were 13... though it was such a long time ago. i dunno if she still remembers me...

and how is life treating you over the other side of asia? i'm well, doing good in the emergency department and enjoying life. i miss you so much, my first friend in england... will you write to me sometime?

with lots of love and miss your smiley face,
bets

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile