11.20.2005


(My Phuong's venture into capturing the hong kong scenery, and my venture to capture it. Nov 2003. Will be doing it again this year :)

Went out yesterday evening to meet up with all my ursuline big sisters for hot-pot dinner at ceci's house warming party. haven't seen some of them for over 11 years (wow, i left the ursuline at 14 years old back in 1994!) and i was the littliest one among us chinese girls at school, and even i have started working last year... they all came up and asked medical questions, it was sweet!

when i was in marilyn's bf's car on our way to 'big hat mountain', she told him about my piano-playing, telling him i was really good at it. ( though you might like to know marilyn is a piano teacher herself, how i can compare with her) well, it suddenly dawned to me that someone did (know!) remember that i was a piano player too, so i did have some memories of myself...

then stanley asked how good was i, and could i just go up to any piano now and start playing... i said i didn't know, afterall, it was SUCH a long time ago! so this morning when i finally woke up at my parents' place, i went up to the piano and found my fingers starting to move. i didn't know what to play at first but my fingers chose a piece for me, it was the first piece of Schumann's Fantasiestücke, Op.12's "Des Abends" (the evening). And God it was so nice. the melody did come out like how i wanted it to be.... i wonder if there's any chance to record my playing now that i am young with supple fingers (though nobody would be interested to listen to my playing now). wouldn't it be a shame if by the time there's someone who likes to listen, and if by then my hands and joints are all arthritic and painful??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile