11.25.2005


(my best friend tess's home, England. May 2004)

i wrote it sometime ago in my old homepage but i can't find it now. but the thought came out again tonight, and.......
i dedicate this to you. maybe one day you'll get to know more about me

* * *

Seabreeze

remember when i was studying in Westgate, i would be in a school of ducks (just like the chinese saying) and walk down to the seafront of Westgate every sunday... it was almost like a ritual. thinking about it now, it brought me wintry moments... the british sea was always so cold and so windy making my ears all red and cold, hair flying everywhere (well, most of the year) and i'd always peek into the seafront shop that sold hot chips (french fries), i could not afford them, but always went in to have a smell of the salt and vinegar, have a peek, anyway. at that time, my weekly pocket money was exactly one pound (HKD$12) and it was how much the chips cost... but it wasn't the chips that gave me the most nostalgic memories, it was the seabreeze... i remember walking out into the sea via the narrow rocky path, smelling seaweed and salt, walking over welks and snails, watching the sun set over the furthest horizon of the sea, listening seagulls singing and gliding over us... and most of all, it was my friends too: angeline, hanat, antonia, esther, dawn, sarah, lavinia, mizinga, domitille, miso....

i long to be a child again, innocent and carefree.

* * *
um, you might wonder why i had such a thought tonight...
night night and sleep tight,
betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile