9.17.2005



morning has broken... another night shift has nearly ended. it's now 7.30am, thank God for giving me a safe night, though i went to the camp bed in the ward at 3am with quivering arms and legs and too restless and apprehensive about my patients to fall asleep, and woken up at 4am sharp to be welcomed by a handful (in fact, 2 handfuls!) of new patients, my night has finally been over. i looked out of the window and there comes the sun clothed in purple and orange, dawning over the hill far away, nurses quietly working in action handling out breakfast and medicines, and i was swiftly walking to and fro, writing up histories and examining patients. ahh... i really thank God for such a night. i was trembling in the cool temperature and wished i had a warmer blanket. though i only had an hour's sleep, eyes looking dark and sleepy, under the green mask hides a big smile. it's holiday today, tomorrow and the next! happy mid-autumn festival everyone. hope i get my beach 'party' sorted at gold coast. i'm so looking forward to light candles on a beach. this is my yearly important event... this time i'll be spending it with my sister and some friends. i remembered 2 years ago i went alone to discovery beach on mid-autumn's to meet a brazilian family for the first time. i was so nervous and excited, i told my mother i had 'met' them online(!!) and my parents were so worried of having me smugged. well, it turned out a special special evening spent on a beach where i lost myself in the sea of candlelight, laughter and smiles... now the Porto's are back to belo horizonte i think of them often... it'll be ouro preto my ultimate destination........

ok, so more photo shoots tomorrow hopefully. today after work i'll recover my energy and hopefully just relax for a day, that won't be too much do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile