6.25.2005


Got chatting to a classmate at lunch in the hospital one day, and he told me we used to sing in the same choir for 2 years in APA when we were both 10 years old! If you don't know what APA is, it stands for HK's Academy for Performing Arts, which is the only 'music conservatory' here. Lovely place with concert halls, theatres, loads of nice pianos to play... Curious how he knew about our 'childhood encounter', he told me we once had a conversation 5 years ago when I was still in year 1! Strange, I have absolutely no recollection of it. But many memories blossomed from here. I went on to ask him if he'd remembered singing Purcell's Noah's Ark and Faure's Messe Basse, though he had no recollection of them either... maybe he'd just forgotten the name

I have always wanted to have Faure's Messe Basse sung in both my wedding (if i do get married one day!) and my funeral. If you've heard this song (Kyrie, Sanctus, Benedictus and Agnus Dei) perhaps you can try to feel what my childhood was like. Sorry this probably sounds too unimaginable... Picture a little girl with short hair like the cartoon character 'siu yuen chi' who played badminton every afternoon with classmates (Kennis you were there, right? :), likes going to ballet dancing and went to Wan Chai to spend each Saturday afternoon in APA, playing hide and seek in the secret corridors of APA during our break. These corridors darkened with purple and green lights, leading to the unauthorised theatres of drama, theatrical costumes and broadcasting sets.... It brought up much memories of those days coz last week I went to APA for a French chamber music concert. It felt so nice to walk on those purple and green (is there coincidence with these colours) carpets. Reminded me of wearing my concert dress with a long satin skirt that drags along the carpet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile