6.20.2005

guess who deserves the greatest love on earth, it's my parents. guess who has the greatest smiles on earth, it's my parents. it's by their boundless love that i can grow to the person that i am now.

it's almost a universal fact, once you lose something, you get something better in return, however long it seems to take. for me, i thought i lost something terribly substantial, something that pulled my heart away far and beyond my limited imagination. well, although it shouldn't have taken such a stake to realise something that important, something you have taken for granted ever since you've known the world. but sadly for us worldly souls, it does! i remembered how much love i put into my last relationship. at the end of the first breakup, i asked him, 'do you know how much i loved you?' and the answer was 'yeah, at the time when i had an operation and had to stay in hospital. it felt hell then but you helped me out of it. i felt important.' i was so dumb shocked on hearing it. 'don't you know, you were important all the time?!' to me, my love had not been any less throughout the years. it's all along been just as much. i'd almost say it's ridiculous how only that week in hospital made you appreciate me, when i've been nice to you for many years. it made my tears burn my cheeks thinking of how wasted all my love was.

funny how ironic this world is, reminds me of alanis morissette's song 'isn't it ironic'...

but for people who really love you and who has a commitment to you, they'll appreciate all the minute things that you do, and they'll know how to show that they enjoy it. after my month of sorting out my new home in tuen mun, i began to understand more about my parents, something more than how much i've learned in the past 24 years. those things i don't even need to write on paper, my heart just feels overflowed. not only have they created me, they have been working in the background, silently, to shape me into a girl who become so like them. thank god. my dad has a really sweet smile and he loves radiating his energy onto all those around him, even if it's just the security guard or the postman. to his siblings he's always the glow of the family, loved by all big and small. and my mother, she is so good at working secretly in motion, doing things for other people and not asking for return. when i reflect on myself how i am like as a person, i ponder how much goodness and how much badness there is...

though they've been abroad for so many times, only this time do i feel so attached to them and i miss them so much. maybe it's because i'll be moving to a new place living on my own in a week's time. i pray that their trip to france will be a smooth one and that they will pass through those places that i've learned in my old french lessons with gratefulness. may their days be filled with the same joy of learning that overwhelmed my own fascination in my school days. Carcasonne, Arles, Aix-de-Provence, Mont St. Michel, Mont Blanc, Chamonix...... it makes me ponder more on being a parent myself...... what do you think


night night and miss you both, betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile