5.23.2006



gosh, it seems it's taking me forever to catch up with my sleep since i'm back in hong kong! thankfully my night shift last night was mingled with some good quality sleep in between, i was able to hang on til 1pm today and went food shopping for my sushi, corinander and beef for soup tonight! well, it's time for my detoxification therpy and my face mask tonight...

i miss my days in england so much. loved my friends (they are so warm and so cuddly and ever so caring). the gardens. meadows. markets and supermarkets. i only had merely 2 days to walk my way around, wished i had more time. here's my summary:

day 1 picked up at the airport by helen. point to point horse racing near guildford with the 3 girls plus louise shaw-brown and her mother. no doubt i sat on the grass and did some good revision while we had a picnic!

day 2 morning at brick lane, the baishakhi mela festival with jennifer. didn't see any Bangla dancing but bumped into polly and philip my friends from hong kong also on their travels! what a tinny wynne(!) world! rest of day spent studying hard.

day 3 spent studying harder and some phone calls in between

day 4 voila exam time. travelled to near the thames for my exam. the next 6 hours was.. uh... long. i made it with the packet of glucose energy tablets. and sarah's heartfelt packed lunch!!!!!!! then dinner with helen, sarah and becca for a scrumptious british hearty meal at balham to end the long day

day 5 my first day of sightseeing in london! left balham early and caught the train to kew garden with sarah on her way to work. a rather gloomy day but i loved it there. beautiful flowers and lots of lots of babies and children! perhaps i arrived too early, there was nobody in sight while i walked through the dew drenched fields listening to birds siging while looking for hidden flowers in the meadows! each photo i took symbolised a delightful moment...

then i went on to oxford circus to my clothes and books hunting. did my usual favourite shopping at topshop and mango. then headed towards borders and tried to find a book NARNIA. sadly, didn't have time to buy any (i spent too long b*a shopping, oh my...)

then invited by jennifer to try out the famous crepes at hempstead. had a butter ham and cheese watching the rain fell. it was so good. that left us all thirsty and we carried on our chat at starbucks. which was followed by a REALLY yummy spanish meal with paella with jenny near leicester square....

day 6 was my last day in london. i first went to trafalgar square, talked to a kind stranger while sitting on a bench absorbing the sun. then headed to the national gallery which i've never been. kind of made me feel a tad artistic (which led me to buy yet another petite box of watercolours later on). bought half a pint of milk (that was the cheapest drink i could find!) and walked my way to covent garden looking like an idiot... unfortunately no good buys this time, only had my favourite cornish pasty for lunch.

somehow i walked and walked, and to my surprise i saw the Thames! london never seemed that small. i walked through the bridge and it was waterloo, the london eye and the lovely river. i just spent some time watching the world go by, listening to musicians playing on the riverside. what a shame i didn't have a book with me, that would've been perfect.

by that time i knew i had little time left for london. and my energy level (and moneywise!) was running down... but i just had to pop into WHSmith at the waterloo station my used to favourite hangout while waiting for the train... and read tens of magazines free...

well, i might have missed out some juicy bits by mistake... but perhaps they're all on photographic paper, haha... you can follow the previous link.

talk next time, bets

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile