3.15.2006


"I want to be a storyteller. At the end of each day, I want to be able to sit down and find the story, no matter how obscured it may be. Trace a story through the weeks, through the years. And in doing this, I want to break down that unhappy wall between the creatives and the suits. It’s a useless, tired distinction: the CEO is busy managing the story of the business just as the directors, producers and writers frantically spin their stories for the audience. I want to know both spheres.
I know that my greatest liability is my fear to leap – fear of freefall, of letting go of one foothold in order to leap to another. And so I will always embrace errors of commission (seized an opportunity, might regret it), at the expense of errors of omission (do nothing). Because so often errors of commission are not errors at all… they are the small, deliberate affirmations, the spontaneous and unexpected moments that end up defining us, that we live for. That we live to tell stories about. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile