8.12.2005


(nam sang wai, july 2005. being thoughtful)

tonight, as i stumbled through the usual familiar path back home in taikoo shing, i could not even begin to think where it is that i really belong. this has been my home ever since i could read and walk. i've only been away for 1 month and everything now looked different, even the shop by the corner. or where the raindrops used to fall on. i once thought i belonged, but i know i don't now. well, i don't belong to tuen mun either, tonight's department dinner amplified this fact slightly too much. i cannot even begin to dream that the boy i used to love is still as innocent and sweet as how he's deep in my mind, for i fear he's now nothing like how i imagined for the past year.

i feel withdrawn, bitter.

worse now my best friends 'fleed' away from me.

* * *
but i know God will send my real friends to console me at my darkest hours. soon.
* * *
thank you david for sending me such a sentimental note. you were right, it made my day.. could you tell me more about yourself?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Betty
I found your site because I searched Technorati for my surname- Creelman. It turned up the charming James Creelman story on your blog. James is probably a distant cousin.

I work as a social worker with developmentally handicapped adults. I work with the smartest group. They have their own apartments, but need help with a lot of things. I travel around Toronto most days visiting them and doing whatever is necessary to help them be independant. Lots of shopping, banking and nagging!

I just came back from vacation. I went on a canoe trip with some friends to Biscotasing in northern Ontario. The idea is to go to a remote area by car, then head out to more remote campsites with all your gear and food. I'm new to Flickr(a great photo site), but have a few pix up from the canoe trip. My Flickr URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/swlight/

Newest books: 'A Long Way Down', by Nick Hornby- very good; newest Harry Potter- ho hum, but I got hooked at some point and have to finish the series; Proust- I'm starting tomorrow and am quite excited, though I can't imagine finishing all of 'Remembrance of Things Past'.

Photoshop is my favourite program. The internet just keeps getting better. Now there is podcasting which makes mp3 players necessary and radio more useful.

I bet your life takes an upswing soon. You have more going for you than 99% of people. When you can find a place to balance, I'm sure you will have more to give, and more ability to enjoy this too short visit to this world. I'm cheering for you anyway.
David

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile